TIN (TITANIUM NITRIDE)
Get Longer Tool Life, Improved Performance with TiN Coating!
Take Tooling to the Next Level with TiN Coating!
Titanium nitride (TiN) coating is wear resistant, inert and reduces friction. Use it on cutting tools, punches, dies and injection mold components to improve tool life two to ten times, or more, over uncoated tools.
Medical device manufacturers use TiN coating to reduce galling between sliding components, help retain sharp edges on surgical instruments, and differentiate their products from the competition.
If you are serious about improving your manufacturing operations, coating your tools with titanium nitride is a good place to start.
- Thickness: .0001″ – .0002″
- Hardness: 2400 – 2600 Hv
- Deposition Temp. 700 – 800°F
- AMS 2444
- All-Purpose coating
- Provides 2 – 10 x the tool life vs. uncoated tools.
- Easily stripped from tool steels.
- Cutting Tools
- Punching and Forming Tools
- Injection Molding
- Medical Components
- Wear Components
Case History #1
Micromachining with .018 TiN-Coated Carbide End Mill
- Workpiece: 303 Stainless Steel
- Tip Breaks @ Failure
- Uncoated (@ 30,000 rpm): 25 – 50 parts
- Coated (@ 60,000 rpm): 100 – 200 parts
- 4x Tool Life @ 2x the Machining Rate
- Save 3 of 4 Tool Changes
- Eliminate 3 of 4 First Article Inspections
- Coating Cost – $2.00 per tool