PVD Medical Coatings to Improve & Differentiate Your Device!
Medical Coatings – Adding Form and Function!
PVD coatings are biocompatible, very hard and inert, and don’t react with bone, tissue or bodily fluids. This makes them especially well suited for use on medical devices, components and surgical instruments.
Surface Solutions has developed a unique capability of applying high quality, high-performance, PVD coatings to medical components and instruments. So whether you are looking to put a hard, wear-resistant, coating on a surgical instrument, or just want to improve the aesthetics of a product, you can count on Surface Solutions to provide a high-quality, cost-effective solution.
Benefits of Using PVD Coatings:
- Edge retention – surgical instruments stay sharp
- Reduced galling – stainless steel parts don’t interact with one another
- Aesthetics – differentiate your product from the competition. Common colors used are dark gold (TiN), silver-gold (Alpha™ or ZrN), and black (AlTiN, also knows as black TiN).
- Wear resistance
- Anti-sticking of bodily materials
- Oxidation and Corrosion Resistance
Enhance Your Product!
Instruments Get Specialized Treatment
We realize your instruments are unique. That’s why we work with your engineers to develop the perfect process for your parts. Working with us, you’ll get the following:
- Special process development.
- Parts masked, per your specs, to look as good as possible.
- Certified Processing
- Guaranteed Results
Pictures to the right show some parts that have been masked on irregular surfaces.
We specialize in some of the more difficult applications, so if you are looking for a hard to find coating, have very difficult parts to coat, or are just looking for technical advice, give us a call. If we can’t do it, we’ll refer you in the right direction.